Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Review: Lucky Number SLeven

Lucky Number SLeven is about a case of mistaken identity. SLeven has a very bad day culminating in finding his girlfriend in bed with another man. He contacts his friend Nick who invites SLeven to come stay with him in New York until he can get back on his feet. Unfortunately SLeven is mugged on the way to Nick's apartment and once he gets there, things just get worse. Nick's apartment is empty but some Mob thugs mistake SLeven (who now has no ID) for Nick who owes them $90,000. The mob boss agrees to erase the debt if SLeven will participate in murder.

I thought it was a great movie! Some of the plot twists are predictable but it didn't detract from the enjoyment of the movie for me. I will warn you, in typical "Mob Movie" fashion, there is a lot of graphic violence and over-usage of the Fword.

Awesome cast includes: Josh Hartnet, Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu, Morgan Freeman and Sir Ben Kingsley.

3 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

So is it you who likes matthew reilly or someone else at your house? After Jonathan had read hover car racer 3 times in a row I thought I had better check him out...

Sara Laughs said...

Oh it's me! I've read them all except Hover Car Racer. My mom downloaded the audio book from Audible.com for S3 and I to listen to in the car.

I probably shouldn't have because some of the language and etc. but I let S3 read Contest. It was his first "adult" novel and he really enjoyed it. That one I think I read in three hours. His books are really fast paced.

Little Miss Flossy said...

And really interesting too. I like his whole internet/sharing philosophy. Hover Car Racer was the first one I read and it really hooked me in - I can see why Jonathan loves it so much. Andrew enjoys them too and he's not a big reader.