Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hi. Didja Miss Me?

Don't even ask where I've been. Lazy I guess. I just haven't blogged. I was surprised to see it's been since December 5th though. I thought I'd blogged at least once in January. I'll try to give you a quick update.

- Steve is still hard at work. They found some way to do a remote start-up with one of their factories so thank you God, he's been home these last two months and not in Korea.

- S3 is finishing up a looooong, boring basketball season. Basketball is not my favorite sport nor is he exceptionally good at it. He is athletic so he does well but it's not like watching him play soccer or baseball where he's usually one of the best players.

- Ty is a reading machine. I'd have never guessed he'd be my reader but let me just say I'm so glad we re-found the library. Does anyone know of any good youth stories about spies? Spy stories are his favorite.

- G is still playing soccer. She's finally on a team of girls her own age (rather than one and two years older!) and she's regaining her confidence. It's good to see. She's growing her hair back out so it's kinda scraggly right now but it grows fast.

- E cut her hair for LoL also (I don't think I ever told you guys that) and at first I was upset we'd cut off all her beautiful curls but it's so cute, it's ok. She's doing great in kindergarten and all my worries about her motion sickness and the school bus seem to be for naught, thank goodness.

- I am hunting for a new job. I've been working at the facility for 2.5 years now and I'm getting worn out. I wanted to be able to help and to give care and I feel like I'm so rushed and stretched now that I barely have time to do the minimum for my residents. I'm now looking for home health. I think I'll like the one-on-one much better and I'm hoping to time it right that I'll still be able to study and watch the kids' sports games.

I think that's about it. It's good to be back :)

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Welcome back, my friend. Home health sounds like it would be a perfect match for you and your family's schedule!

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you pop up in my feed reader! Welcome back!

Velda said...

Welcome back Sara! It's great to see you again :) Glad to hear all is well and good luck with your job hunt!

Miriam Pauline said...

Welcome back my friend! Sounds like you are busy as ever. Good luck in the job search.

Little Miss Flossy said...

Well there you are! How old is Ty? My boys are mad about the Alex Rider series, he's probably read those but also Chris Ryan's Alpha Force series, the CHERUB books by Robert Muchamore and Boy Soldier by Andy McNab.