Sunday, March 16, 2008

Renovation Update

Despite what you see in the pictures, I'm basically doing this alone so it's taken me two weeks to get the living room painted and the flooring ripped up. This week I'm starting in on the dining room. I really want to have this done by Steve and E's birthday (4/4). Here's my "befores" - sorry they're all just old pics. I didn't bother taking any before I started in on the painting.



E wanted to help SO badly. She sanded and helped paint primer. It wasn't until I got to the actual painting that she decided it wasn't that much fun anymore.




Wiping the ceiling down to get it ready to paint:




Pulling the staples out of the padding (there were like 3,000,000 of 'em)




Scrubbing up dirt and stuck-on carpet padding:


You can see what the floor looks like without carpeting. It needs refinished. We're hoping sometime this summer...



3 comments:

Velda said...

VERY nice! your wall colour is the same as mine :) You have good taste lol..I LOVE all the pics of the kids helping but especially the last one lol

Lara said...

Looking good!

Pulling up carpet is the grossest home improvement task I have ever done. Ick! The only yuckier thing I can think of would be dealing with some kind of mold or sewage issue.

Anonymous said...

It's looking great, Sara! That is just a ton of work and I feel for you. Just think... it'll be all worth it in the end.