Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Facebook Follies

I love having a teen boy. We were having a "sit-up contest" that E started. S3 was on his laptop but I wasn't really paying much attention to him other than when E did her 30th sit-up I told her I bet S3 couldn't do 30. So he got down on the floor and did 50, easily, and then quit because he could go on forever and didn't want to bore us with his magnificence. He got back on his laptop and G laid down and quickly did seventy.

Well that wasn't going to fly so S3 gets up again, says, "What do I have to do, like twenty more?" and I said, "Noooo, you have to do seventy in a row." As he's working on beating G's record, I look over and see he's in a chat with a girl that he kinda knew through his best friend but mostly knows from facebook. They're chatting about Spanish class. E comes over and in a stage whisper she says, "Write, 'I love you very much'." So I did.

OMG the look on S3's face! He stops in the middle of a sit up and says, "WHAT?!?!" Crawls over to where we're sitting, sees what I've done and puts his hands in his face and says, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" I cried I laughed so hard. Of course he told the girl it was me and she totally got the joke but the look on his face at the time was priceless. I laughed so hard when I retold the story to Steve I started crying again.

Ah, I love being a mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Oh I would've loved to seen that priceless face too! LOL! Facebook is all the rage now!

Lara said...

Cruel. Just cruel. Don't you know you could have totally, like, ruined his life? Gaw! ;)

mel said...

Yes, and now is this the girl that he just asked out? If so, it all worked out in the end.