Monday, January 01, 2007

Carded

I have "Please ask for Photo ID" on the back of my credit card to help prevent from theft. Most people in the store don't even ask but it gives me some false sense of security. Recently we went out to dinner with some friends and I paid the bill with my card. The waiter came back to my table and asked to see my photo id. I have never, ever, ever had a restaurant ask for my photo ID and I thought it was kinda funny.

So as I hand my ID over to him I joke, "Hey you didn't even ask me for my ID when I ordered wine."

His reply, "Oh you're obviously not 21."

Ha. There goes your tip.

2 comments:

_ said...

Andy has that same thing on the back of his credit cards and I don't think anyone has every ask him for his id. That was not a nice comment for the waiter to make...he could have played along with you a little better. ;)

Megan said...

LOL! Our supermarket sells liquor, and they card EVERYONE - one time they carded the VERY old man in front of me in line, and he was really annoyed ;) But then I was there the other day, bought some wine, and the stinker at the cash register rolled his eyes when I asked him if he needed my ID. Grrrr.