Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Huge Answer to Prayer

I thought maybe it was a little too sensitive for the internet at the time it was happening so I didn't blog this but we were having some major drama over here. Just before Christmas when Steve was in Italy he got an email from work. There is a buy-out going on with his company and the new owners wanted him to sign a contract that basically said if he left or was fired from this company he couldn't work for another in this industry or for any of their customers for a year.

Well I don't know if you've noticed or not but he's married, has four kids, a mortgage, two cars and three private school tuitions to support. Not working for a year is not an option.

Adding that to the amount of work and stress and the lack of financial expressions of gratitude for all the work and stress and Steve was ready to walk. I fully supported that and maybe even encouraged it but secretly I wanted to vomit. By Christmas we had no idea if Steve would even have a job in January so when one of the girls on 11-7 broke her foot and full time hours became available we decided that I should take them just in case we needed to live off my salary for a while.

I'm pleased to say that Steve has managed to negotiate everything to an extremely satisfactory level on both salary and contract ends and we are not going to have to sell our youngest child to be able to pay the mortgage this month. It's a good thing too because she's really cute. I'd hate to have to give her up.

Thank you for your prayers for our unspoken request. Jehovah Jireh!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Whew. Yes, she's too cute to sell.

GOD is good.

_ said...

I'm so happy to hear that things have worked out okay. I agree with Margaret...God is good! And He's always there when you really need Him. (((Hugs)))

Tammy said...

Sara,

I'm so glad things worked out for you and your family. I love your sense of humour 'selling the youngest.... because she's really cute. I'd hate to have to give her up".

Jaime said...

what great news!
God always provides!

Little Miss Flossy said...

That's great news, Sara.

Anonymous said...

Sara that must have been SO stressful. I'm so glad that it all worked out and you get to keep all your children :)

Megan said...

God is good! So glad He has answered your prayers. I hope the beginning of 2007 brings far less stress for your family than the end of 2006.