Monday, February 26, 2007

Murder Anyone?

Steve and I have hosted numerous Murder Mystery Parties over the years - usually about one every other year - but it's been probably close to three or more years since our last one. Recently one of our regular party invitees was asking me when we'd be having another and has put me in the mood for murder.

I think I've officially talked Steve into refinishing our living room and dining room floors and once that's done Ed will deliver our new dining room furniture and once that's done.... someone will die.

I'm thinking of buying this murder: Honky Tonk Homicide

A “Texas Style” MURDER MYSTERY DINNER GAME

You lucky redneck! You are about to play a “Texas Style” murder mystery dinner party game!

It is “last call” for someone at Bubba’s Bar in Cactus, Texas… A nasty murder investigation sure can disrupt Karaoke Night, especially when everyone in town is a suspect. The residents of the Cactus Court Trailer Park must find the murderer among them. For a small Texas town, Cactus has plenty of dirty secrets, double lives, torrid affairs and alien abductions!

This is a one of a kind party your friends won’t forget! Treat your guests to our fabulous Trailer Park and Texas Favorites recipes! Find out who picks up the tab for this Honky Tonk Homicide!

THE SUSPECTS:

SHERIFF SISSY WESSON –She is as beautiful as she is treacherous.

CARNEY FOLK-A sleazy carnival worker just passing through town.

ROWDY LAWLESS-A member of the feared “Angels of Hades” biker gang.

REVERREND JIM BOB ETERNITY-A fire and brimstone TV preacher.

MARY KAY ETERNITY-Reverend Jim Bob’s wife and TV sidekick.

DUSTY DIAMOND-A hometown boy who dreams of musical stardom

TWYLA FLEETWOOD- Bingo addict and owner of the Cactus Court Trailer Park.

CRYSTALLINE DANIELS-A barmaid at “Bubba’s Bar” and the town tramp.

EXTRA GUESTS/NON-SUSPECTS:

VIRGIL ROSWELL-An oilfield worker and alien abductee.

HENNA BOUFFANT-Beauty shop owner and the town gossip hound.

The last time I had a party my friend Md was a lady of the evening. When I told her I was thinking about another party she said she was game but I had to promise not to make her the prostitute this time. I made myself laugh out loud thinking about her reaction to being given the part of "Crystalline Daniels."

Now I have to start thinking about the menu. I was leaning toward BBQ but I'd either have to buy it pre-packaged or I'd have to find a restaurant that would make it as take-out because I was reading a blog about making BBQ from scratch and there's no way I'd ever have the patience to do all that. I'm waaaaaay too lazy. Although now that I'm typing this it popped in my head that we have a Smokey Bones close by. I'll bet they have a curb-side take-out thing going on. Or I could do Tex-Mex. That gives me more options for having courses. And I happen to know from first hand experience that my BIL has a great recipe for Rice n'Beans.

I'm going to have to borrow some country music cds from my in laws. Maybe get a red checkered table cloth. Hmmm. Lots to think about. I love this part of the party planning. The hardest part will be limiting my guest list to four other couples. *sigh*

4 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

Sounds like fun! As far as BBQ--easy and great recipe if you have a crock pot. The day before you want to serve it, cook a pork roast on low 8-10 hours with a little lemon pepper and olive oil drizzled on top. While still warm, shred it or chop into bite size pieces. Pour any liquid from the pan over it and store in fridge. The day to serve, place meat back in crock pot with your favorite bought BBQ sauce. Cook on low 3-4 hours. Serve over hamburger buns with onions, pickles and cheese. Voila!

GDS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GDS said...

MIPA - no no, that's BBQ sacrilege!
Just kidding - I'm not one of those purist crazos when it comes to BBQ.
We do crock recipes similar to this one and they turn out great - the trick is the low and slow as mipa says.
Whatever you do, stay as far away from Smokey Bones as possible!!! There's so many things wrong with that place I don't even know where to begin.

mel said...

Ok, but you have to do ribs, at least. Our Texan friends used to make killer ribs just with lawry's seasoned salt and garlic powder sprinkled on...grill 'em, and you're good. Then there's the black-eyed peas. Boil in beef broth, sprinkle the afore mentioned seasonings, and viola, you have the beans.