Monday, February 26, 2007

You're A Keeper

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I'm not big on holidays in general and I've never been terribly romantic. That's not to say I don't like romance; I'm just not good at coming up with romantic ideas and sometimes I have trouble appreciating my husband's romantic gestures. Steve is an incurable romantic which is not something I think most people would suspect about him. Years ago he used to buy me a dozen red roses for Valentine's Day and another half dozen for each of our mothers. Finally I forbade him to do it anymore. I told him I could think of a lot better ways to spend $50 than on flowers. See, not very romantic am I?

Anyway, two days after Valentine's Day one of our kids ended up getting sick and being the good man that he is, he ran to WalMart for medicine in the middle of the night. He came home and told me he had a present for me. This is what I found in the bag:


One of the things I love best about this man is his sense of humor.

2 comments:

hollyday said...

Too funny! He sounds like a keeper himself ;). ((hugs))

mel said...

Hehehe. Now, those are the kind of romantic gestures I like. :P