Friday, February 16, 2007

The Best Birthday Ever

Sometimes I think G gets lost in the shuffle, being number three out of four kids and so I wanted to make sure her birthday was as fantastic as she'd been imagining it would be. On her actual birthday she wanted a cake to take to school with her picture on it.













After school I took her to a pottery painting place which ended up being a total trip. The owner of the shop didn't acknowledge us when we walked in the door and when she finally did ask if we were there to paint and we said yes, she just waved her hand and said, "Go ahead." I had to ask her what specifically we were supposed to do as we'd never been there before. Ty had a couple of really good questions about the whole process and even though he stood next to her when he asked the questions, she completely ignored him. While we were painting she was talking to a guy about business being slow and barely making the rent and I could only think, "Gee I wonder why." (Insert sarcasm here) But we didn't let it ruin our fun and Grace painted a fantastic little mermaid. They've finished firing it and I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow.

She wanted ribs for dinner so my in-laws drove up and we met them at TGIFriday's for dinner where G had two orders of ribs. On the ride home she moaned that her tummy hurt. I guess so!

The next day we got a phone call from G's friend V. Her family had gotten their hands on some last minute tickets to see Monsters, Inc. On Ice and wanted to know if G could go along with them. I sent her with $40 - twenty for dinner and twenty for some sort of souvenir. She came home with $4 change and told me for dinner she'd had cotton candy, icees, popcorn, Sprite...



Then we planned her birthday party for today. She is always fascinated when I have my toenails done and since last summer she's said she wanted to have a pedicure for her birthday. We invited two girls from her class (V and C) to come to the mall with us and have a pedicure party. I realized afterward that they were like Charlie's Angels or something - blonde, redhead and brunette. I know there are a ton of pictures but they were just so cute and the people in the nail salon were so tickled to have them there that I went a little camera mad.






That scrub they do on your feet really does tickle a LOT!






I thought this was so cute! What typical girls, having themselves a little goss.


C knew exactly what she wanted done to her toes and she was not shy about it.


They were all ready for the bathroom by the time it came to getting their nails dried. I had to do a lot of talking and picture taking to get them to sit there LOL!


The guy who did their toes was so into this birthday party thing. He posed them for this picture.




They held hands all the way to the upstairs food court and jumped over all the dark tiles.


They were starved and Steve was asking them if they wanted just one fry or one chicken nugget. They were telling him that they wanted one of everything on the menu.


Gift time! Both her friends must know her well because she got crafty stuff and makeup.


I put together a little foam craft kit for them to make and fill with their goodies. I had a foam magic princess wand kit for each of them but we ran out of time. Who knew four hours wouldn't be enough?




I wanted them to pose for this cute picture but...


They wanted to pose for this picture.

6 comments:

mel said...

Aww. How cute. You'll have to tell me how much it was to do that. I'm SURE Eeyore is going to want the same thing for her birthday.

Margaret said...

Oh what a wonderful birthday! And I love ALL the pictures!

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Aww, that does look like the best birthday ever. K would love something like that. She turns 9 in May and you've given me a few ideas. What great pictures, I loved seeing their reactions, so cute!

_ said...

Sounds like an awesome time! What great pictures of the pedicure party.

And if she gets lost in the shuffle being third, just imagine if you are sixth or seventh. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday from beginning to end! Happy Birthday G!

Tammy said...

That would without doubt be the best birthday ever! You are one rock on mom. You inspire me to work harder at being 'Mom'.