Sunday, May 06, 2007

David Beckham Has Come to Our House

"David Beckham?" you say, disbelieving.

Yes. David Beckham was pooping on my kitchen floor just hours ago. I swear it's true.

What? You still don't believe me? Well see for yourself.











Meet Beckham, the newest addition to our family. We picked him up yesterday at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. He is a German Angora Hybrid in the color "chestnut agouti." We debated the whole way home between Beckham, Donovan and Hartman (my favorite goalie) and then because he's German we threw in Barrack but the kids all thought he looked most like a Beckham so Beckham he is.


He doesn't seem so very happy to be part of our family just yet but I'm told it can take a while for a rabbit to get used to a new home. He's a lot bigger than I expected but at almost a year of age, I'm told he won't grow any larger. When I first held him (the first bunny I ever held!) he winked at me and then kissed my nose. I knew he had to come home with us.

I know this probably seems sudden to you all but I have actually been preparing for more than two months and getting an angora was the reason we went to the festival. I'll leave you with a few more pictures of my baby.


Look at his adorable big feet!

8 comments:

Velda said...

Oh I'm jealous!!!!!!! He's soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

_ said...

What a beautiful bunny! Enjoy your new addition. =)

Deb said...

Oh he is so cute. Don't think David has quite that much hair tho ;-)

Velda said...

me again, hope on over to my blog, you've been tagged

hollyday said...

He's beautiful! I can't show my boys or they'll be bugging me for one lol ;). ((Hugs))

Margaret said...

LOL I tagged you too. You're a popular lady!

mel said...

Great pictures of Beckham. He's just a lovely bunny. I enjoyed holding him the other day. Hey, if you ever need someone to bunny-sit while you're away...I'm there. :)

Lara said...

Are you going to harvest your bunny's fur for your sister to spin?

A friend of mine on my mommy board went to MDSW, too. She's a new-ish knitter and got totally overwhelmed!