Tuesday, May 01, 2007

10 Things I Learned Today



1. When the moon is full, it will rain the minute you step out of the car to change a flat and stop raining the minute you are at the repair shop. Also it will be the one day of the month that instead of wearing your typical black, you will be wearing white and powder blue.

2. Monroe doesn't put the lug nuts on so tight that a girl can't get them off.

3. Dummy tires don't have a label on them that says, "This side toward car," but there really is only one way they'll go on.

4. Camera phones and email come in real handy when you can't figure out how to lower a jack and your dad is and hour away but sitting in front of his computer.

5. When you lower the car, do it slowly or you might startle yourself and the kid strapped in her carseat inside the car.

6. My husband (it's his car) is a slob. Or a pack rat. Or maybe both. Either way, there was a lot of junk in that trunk. On top of the spare.

7. I realized if I ever planned to murder someone, I couldn't risk putting their dead body in the trunk of the car.

8. Tires are heavy.

9. If you are wearing eye make up and changing a tire in the rain, you have to look carefully at all your fingers to decide which is the cleanest one before you can lick it and clean the mascara from your cheeks so that the repair shop guys don't think you were crying.

10. After 15 years (half my lifetime) I can still change a flat tire.

4 comments:

mel said...

Jer and I agree...number nine is the best!

Velda said...

OMG you made me laugh my guts out!!!! Especially #7 and your label blabbedy Congrats! I would walk before I had to change a tire

annalin said...

Hello!
I just pressed the Next Blog-button and ended up here. Do you know that here in Sweden, a female blogger called the soccer-wife got so popular that she now has her own column in one of the biggest newspaper?

All the best, Anna from Sweden

Little Miss Flossy said...

Now that I've stopped laughing I can say this... you totally rock - Go Sara!