Monday, May 21, 2007

Holy Sports Weekend Batman

I must be nuts. That's the only reason I can come up with for why I would say yes to two kids playing soccer and two kids playing baseball all in the same weekend. Here's how my weekend looked:

Friday 6 PM Ty had baseball at our home field
Saturday 7 AM Ty had soccer 30 minutes away
11:20 AM Ty had another game - same field
1:30 G had soccer 1.5 hrs away - 1.5 hrs back to...
4:20 Ty had another soccer game - same field as before.
Sunday 7 AM S3 had baseball 1.5 hrs away.
12:30 PM Coaches for S3's team decide to play a double header
5:30 PM Ty had another soccer game 2 hrs away.

I put somewhere around 250 miles on my minivan iin two days. That was a lot of running, even for me. And now onto the pictures...

Ty is the one with orange sleeves and black socks.


I'd forgotten how much I like to watch him play. He really focuses on the game and plays hard and even though they usually lose, he's always in a good mood afterward.



Waiting to sub in.


She hasn't been terribly aggressive with the bigger girls but when the ball comes near her, she wins it every time.



I've decided I must need to invest in some catcher's equipment because look who else decided to give the position a try...


Honestly at first I was a little disappointed because he's so good in the 2nd base/short stop position plus I really felt like it was cool that Ty had something kinda special by being catcher but once I saw S3 play I stopped being disappointed. He was fantastic.

It must be genetic. My dad was a catcher too.



Poor E. Doesn't she look totally worn out by all the sports?


The girls were driving me crazy by the end of the day so I let them play with my camera so they'd let me watch the soccer game. G accidentally caught a generational pic. It's not a great pic of any of us but I thought it was kinda cool.


So that was my crazy weekend. Now I'm going to go crash. If you need me, I'll be in bed.

5 comments:

mel said...

you are insane. But you already knew that. (btw, Happy Birthday!)

hollyday said...

Wow that is crazy! Get some rest girl ;). Great pics btw :). ((Hugs))

Margaret said...

I need a nap after reading that.

Tell G that's a great picture!

Deb said...

Yeah, those sports weekends take up so much time but isn't it so worth it. Cool photos

Anonymous said...

Hello Guys
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/d9QOON