Monday, April 30, 2007

Now That's What I Call BASEBALL Baby!


I know we had some issues with S3 and our school league but the fact is, S3 had intended to play two leagues this year and so it was frustrating but no big loss to step away from the one. Saturday S3 had tryouts for three teams. When we signed up way back in January what they told me was this:

Lowest level: Senior's league
Mid level: Junior Legion (about 10 boys from this township would make this team)
Highest level: City-County (about 4 boys from this township would make this team)

So I figured, sure S3's pretty good. He has a good shot at Junior Legion. No way is he going to make the City-County because the odds are against him, right? Tonight I came home to a message on my answering machine.

My son is on the City-County team.

I swear this is one of the proudest moments I've ever had as a mother. And I can't help but feel a great deal of satisfaction that for one lousy month the school team could have had a player of his caliber. Ha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ought to be very proud! WTG, S3!!

Deb said...

Awesome!!! Congrats to him. What a awesome mommy feeling too.

mel said...

Congrats to Nephew S! Give him a big hug from Auntie M. I'm so proud of him. I just hope against hope I can get to see him play this season!

Sara Laughs said...

Well after a few days there has been some more drama, but nothing worth blogging. I'm not sure I got all the facts straight about the c/c team and whether it's better or not than the legion team but it doesn't matter because both teams want him!!!

GDS said...

Sara - legion ball is a big deal around here. The state and national championships are often played over in Boyertown. Don't know anything about the c/c team.
Good luck and congrats!