Monday, March 05, 2007

House of Pestilence

I swear sometimes it feels like we just can not shake being sick. First Ty and S3 had these random fevers. Ty's turned into strep. Then S3 had the ear infection; the first he's had in nearly ten years. Then when I got home from work the other day E had a fever of 104.8 and was puking for poor Steve all night who also then started puking. He missed an important meeting and I ran her to the doc. They xrayed her for pneumonia (we waited for that xray so long that I fell asleep in the waiting room chair with E asleep on my lap. The xray tech didn't know my name so she kept calling, "E's mother! E's mother!" LOL!) but she was clear. She's still puking three days later but not as frequently so I'm able to keep Tylenol in her. G has been feverish the whole time also but with no other real symptom.

And now I think I'm getting sick. And I don't want to risk taking whatever this random fever thing is that we've had for three weeks into the nursing home so when work comes my way I'm going to have to say no. I scrubbed the whole house down on Saturday with Pine-Sol but I think I might do it again today. Ugh.

We had a spur-of-the-moment trip planned with another couple for DC this weekend that we've had to back out of and I missed my dearest friend's daughter's sweet sixteenth birthday party. Being sick stinks.

1 comment:

mel said...

I heard from Mom and Dad you all were ill. I'm so sorry for you. Hang in there...spring is coming!