Thursday, March 08, 2007

That Apple Sure Didn't Fall Far

Tonight S3 handed me a paper he'd had to write for his comp. class about our family's Christmas traditions. He wrote a really nice little essay about waking up and having a fantastic breakfast at a beautifully decorated table before opening gifts and then traveling on to grandparents' homes to continue the festivities. He wrote it in such a way that it sounds magical, wonderful and oh so very Martha Stewart-ish. It's all made up.

I asked him if it was supposed to be a story or if it was supposed to be factual. He said, "Well the teacher said it's supposed to be our real traditions but how is she going to know?"

That's my boy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Smart kid!

Margaret said...

Oh that's funny! My son is loathe to stretch the truth to make an essay more descriptive or funnier. He would rather write about our boring life and have it be factual. Drives me nuts.

Lara said...

That cracks me up!

mel said...

Way to go Martha! hahaha

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Haha! That was great!

Anonymous said...

That totally cracks me up! Great answer S!!