Wednesday, March 21, 2007

WIP: Basket of Poppies & Bookmark (pt.2)

I got my hands on the DMC Perle 8 and Perle 12 that I needed to finish this project and so other than using the fabric stiffener on it, it is complete. I stitched it on an opalacent fabric because the patterns calls for beads which adds bling but since I was planning to make it into a bookmark, I thought the beads might pose a problem. I wish you could see it shimmer. My kids were impressed with the "holes" I made LOL!


Now this WIP pic was one I meant to post last week. I haven't had a chance to work on it since last week so this is what I managed to do after only one week's worth of stitching. I've taken to wearing magnifying glasses while I'm working on this piece. Steve laughs on the days that I don't put my contacts in. He calls me "Six Eyes."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Sara, is that on mesh?????WOW! I'm impressed...I LOVE hardanger as you know and the bookmark is so pretty! nice job!

Anonymous said...

Sara, that poppy is screaming at me to buy it! It's gorgeous! Your bookmark is fabulous too! WTG!

hollyday said...

That bookmark is gorgeous but WOW! on the poppies! My class project looks nice, but not that nice because it's on a larger count gauze lol ;). After I finish it I'm going to do my roses and violets on the 40 ct. :). Beautiful work as always! ((hugs))

Margaret said...

WOWZERS!!! I love the bookmark. I'm too chicken to try hardanger.

And I LOVE the poppies!! Makes me dizzy looking at the teeny tiny stitches.

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

The bookmark turned out beautiful Sara, I bet it's so pretty and sparkly! The Poppies... Wow! It's turning out amazing and I think I would be blind doing all that, great job!

Running Kiwi said...

Wow oh wow - those poppies are gorgeous!!! ... the hardanger bookmark isn't too bad either ;)

and I've got to say - thank you for all the lovely comments on my blog - I've been slacking in commenting elsewhere - but I do read yours all the time and smile at all the stories ... especially the Grace ones ;)