Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's a Spiegel Crock Pot!

(Bonus points if you got the title of this post)

The rest of my week is going to be crazy. I'm running here and there and I'm working on top of everything else. Weeks like this I like to pull out my crock pot and let someone else do the cooking for me. To that end, this morning I was Googling some chicken recipes and came across a fantastic site. It's called "That's My Home" and besides having sections on conversions and substitutions, they have a big section of recipes. Tonight we're going to have Crock Pot Chicken Italian and Potatoes. I'll let you know how it goes.

Crock Pot Italian Chicken and Potatoes
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

  • 1 C. Italian salad dressing

  • 2 t. Italian seasoning

  • 1 C. grated parmesan cheese
5 to 6 potatoes; peeled, cut into wedges

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle with half Italian dressing, spices, and the grated cheese. Place potatoes over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.

Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours.

2 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

What a brilliant site... I'm going to have to check that out properly tonight. A quick look seemed to reveal no bug recipes though? Do you think they'd appreciate somee?

Sara Laughs said...

This ended up being very good. The potatoes came out nicely and the parmesan gave it a fantastic flavor. I confess I'm too lazy to measure all that junk out so I just sprinkled and dumped ingredients. I probably made it stronger flavored than the recipe actually called for.