Wednesday, March 07, 2007

WIP: Basket of Poppies & Bookmark


I am making this hardanger freebie pattern into a bookmark but I don't have all the required threads so while I wait for those to make an appearance, I started a petit point by Gitta's that I bought at the Hershey CATS show last autumn. It's on 40 count silk gauze and although it's hard to tell from a photograph on the internet, the total fabric size is only 5x7. The piece I have stitched is about the size of a half-dollar.

When complete, it'll look like the picture on the right. My work-in-progress (WIP) pictures are below.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your silk gauze piece looks amazing!!! Love the bookmark too, so pretty!

Margaret said...

Whoa! That guaze is so cool. I just shook my head at you all buying those charts at CATS. The bookmark is pretty too.

Meari said...

Both look great!

NHStitcher said...

Those are beautiful!

mel said...

Gorgeous, Sara.

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Wow Sara, that is beautiful, and so very tiny! The colors are fabulous and I can't wait to see more of it, just don't go blind stitching it... LOL

Oh, and the bookmark is beautiful as well!