Wednesday, April 11, 2007

25¢ of Pure Snotty Joy

You know those 25¢ machines they have in the grocery store that contain gum, tattoos, rings and plastic containers of gooey snot? Every once in a while I indulge my children and I allow them to buy something from the machine as we leave the store. The other day I had them all out on the porch cleaning up their mess (that's where we have their lockers for their bookbags and cleats and etc.) and E found a plastic container of snot. And to keep it safe while she finished cleaning up her shoes and Awana material, she tucked it in her pocket.

A little while later E was running through the dining room when she came to a sudden and unexpected stop and exclaimed, "OH NO!" She said it with such despair and immediately started crying so that I was really worried something bad had happened and I ran over to make sure she was ok. In between her sobs, she managed to tell me exactly what her predicament was.





And hey, apparently when plastic containers of snot burst in your pants pocket, the resulting slime that oozes down your leg is rather chilly. Also snot does not wash off hands and pants pockets all that easily but it does come off.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh that is soooooo like what one of my kids would have done!

Lara said...

That stuff is so gross!

Velda said...

OMG I HATE that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Miss Flossy said...

Classic! I couldn't help but laugh, poor little love.