Thursday, April 12, 2007

Maybe You Had To Be There

I love nights like tonight. I had such a good time with my kids. We just laughed and enjoyed each other's company and it makes me wonder why moments like that are so rare. After the girls went to bed the boys and I played a card game my grandfather taught us called Kings in the Corner (we play it slightly different) and Ty told us a story that had S3 and I falling off our chairs laughing.

Today at school when Ty was finished using the lavatory he rounded the corner to wash his hands at the sink. A much older boy (Ty said some 10th grader but he didn't know who it was) was standing there already and he jumped out at Ty and "kinda made a roar like noise." Ty jumped a little and said to the guy, "What the heck?" The guy replied, "Shut up!" and Ty said, "Why don't you shut up?"

I had to ask a couple of questions to clear up a few things because it really seemed kinda odd at first. Ty said the kid wasn't in the bathroom to use the facility; he was just standing there at the sink. At this point I started laughing because I realized he was waiting in the bathroom just to scare a poor little fourth grader. I wanted to know what the guy said when Ty told him to shut up. Ty says the guy stopped talking and quietly left the bathroom. He looked at S3 and I with a tremendous look of satisfaction and said, "I guess I schooled him!" That's the point where I had to put my head down on the table because I was laughing so hard.

We settled down and S3 started quizzing Ty on who the guy might be. Finally after talking about the number on his jersey S3 comes to the conclusion that it was so-and-so waiting in the bathroom to pull off this silly joke. S3 says with a horrified look on his face, "Ty that guy isn't a 10th grader, he's a senior," as if being a senior practically guarantees deity.

Ty shruggs and says, "Huh," and that's the point when I fell off my chair laughing. I'm sure that encounter did not go quite the way that kid had thought it might. Schooled a senior indeed.

1 comment:

hollyday said...

Oh too funny Sara! I bet it's a long time before that kid tries something like that again lol. Good for Ty for sticking up to him and not being afraid!