Friday, April 20, 2007

I've Been Framed

AC Moore has a 60% off custom framing sale going on so I pulled out a couple of my finished xs pieces and went for a drive. I didn't have much faith in the girl at the counter after we played a fun game of "How many different ways can I say, 'I don't like the brown mat on my Enchanted Alphabet?" Finally I just took it back and nervously let her handle my Fairy Tales (click here for beading details).

We had some trouble with that one too and soon there was a line formed at the counter. Between the line and E wiggling around the counter doing her version of the pee-pee dance, I was ready to cry uncle and go home. I took E to the potty and browsed around the mats and frames and when I came back, she had laid out the perfect frame to go with the insides that I'd chosen earlier. She quoted it and I silently thanked God that it was 60% off. It should be done around May 11 and I can't wait to show it off. It's going to look amazing.

In the mean time, for a mere $16 I framed this older piece myself. It still gives me a giggle when I see that silly cat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh the terror of professional framing at hobby stores. I can't wait to see it! The little cat is too funny and reminds me of my Oscar. Great job framing!