Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cute But Evil

I bought E a new shirt last week that says, "Cute but Evil" and she's spent the last week proving it true. We were at Friendly's for dinner on Saturday night and Ty started up a game of hangman while we waited for our food. Ty picked the first word then I picked a word and finally E wanted to pick a word. Well E doesn't really know how to read or spell and the last time we played hangman she spelled her name.

She made her hangman's gallows and then started drawing lines for the letters. I was spelling along in my head as she was drawing the lines, "E-V-E-L-Y....." but she stopped at five dashes. Not enough spaces for her name. Hmmm. I thought, "Well it's probably going to end up just being some random letters because she can't read and she can't spell."

We guessed a few wrong letters and finally she said, "Here, let me give you a hint" and she drew the letter "L" in the first space. I was still thinking she'd probably just made up a word of random letters that wouldn't actually make sense but G perked right up when she saw that "L."

"OH! I know what it is! I know what it is," she called across the table. "How about the letter 'O'?" E put the letter "O" in the next space. G said, "How about 'S'?" and E put the letter "S" in the next space. G said, "I know what it is! I know what it is!"


She can't read and she can't spell but she knows the word "loser." That's enough to make any mama proud.

5 comments:

Velda said...

hehehehe it's kinda scary when they know more than you think they do, isn't it!

mel said...

Oh man...that E is just too scary sometimes...how much she truly knows. Sooooo funny.

Margaret said...

Oh that E is too funny!!!

Little Miss Flossy said...

I just fell off my chair laughing - what a kid!

Anonymous said...

That daughter of yours is too cute! Of course, she's learned all that stuff because of her brothers! She's adorable though.