Sunday, November 12, 2006

Holy Birthday Party Batman!

G was invited to a Build-A-Bear birthday party this weekend at the Park City Mall. Before she went I was browsing on their website to see if I was going to need to send her with money for a bear or if it was part of the party. I found out for $10 per guest, the bear is included. For $20 the child gets a bear and the bear gets an outfit. I figured G would be coming home with a small naked bear. You see, I've been to the Planet Teddy store we have here at our local mall and I know for a full sized bear and an outfit G was going to have to save up nearly $40.

But that is NOT what she came home with. It's a full sized bear and it's got full wedding regalia on. And by full wedding regalia I mean it has a veil, bouquet, and even a frilly blue garter! I have to give some major props to Build-A-Bear. That is an awesome party for the price. Steve and I figured they have a minimum of six guests at $20 a pop = $120. That's pretty good for a kid party!


8 comments:

Lara said...

I took my girl scout troop for an end-of-the-year build-a-bear party last year. What they have you do is set a dollar limit per guest and then they get to choose whatever they want within that limit. Then they save the tags from each thing and add it all up at the end. But their little outfit sets aren't too crazy expensive. I bet that party parent spent a pretty penny!

Margaret said...

My daughter loves Build A Bear. We have way too much of their stuff (she asks for gift cards for gift giving occasions....). But she's never been to a party there. So what's the bear's name?

Sara Laughs said...

Thanks for clearing that up Lara. I still think that was pretty cool.

Margaret the bear's name is Molly.

mel said...

Build a bear would have been a dangerous thing for me if they had had them around when I was a kid...

Anonymous said...

Aww, she looks so grown up! K loves Build a Bear and has the kitty with an entire outfit. She has never been to a party but Grandma spoiled her. I'm glad she had a great time and has something memorable to remember it by.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like G had a great time. What a cool bear she made.

Where's your mussings this week, Sara? I like comaring our answers. ;)

Anonymous said...

There's a Build-A-Bear at both of our malls, and there always seems to be a party going on!

hollyday said...

At Tysons you used to see kids from build-a-bear parties in the Rainforest Cafe for the "second" act if you will--I can't even imagine how much that would cost lol ;). It's a beautiful bear and you're right--very good for the money :). ((hugs))