Monday, November 13, 2006

Ornament Exchange 2006

I am so very proud of my ornament this year. Other than the fabric, I made every single part of this ornament by hand, including the cording. The design is called "Bright & Beaded" by Linda Bird and found in the January 2005 Stitcher's World magazine. I changed the colors because the original called for the most hideous versions of pinks and greens I've ever seen. The cord is made using the kumihimo method of braiding.

Here to the left is the front of the ornament and below is the back and the detail of the cording. Of course I hope my exchange partner likes what I've made but more than that I really enjoyed making it this year!

Now I am so in the Christmas mood.




















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo pretty! I love the colors you chose, and all the beads!

Margaret said...

That's beautiful, Sara!!! The cording is way cool.

Anonymous said...

This turned out so pretty Sara! I love the changes you made the the cording looks really neat. Great job!

Little Miss Flossy said...

Sara - how gorgeous! I love the braiding, actually the whole ornament is beautiful. Well done you.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! You did a great job! Cool cording.

Emma said...

That is beautiful, Sara! You are right to be proud!

Emma

mel said...

You in the christmas mood already? Say it aint so! I will pause now to tell a little story. Our mother never allowed x-mas music to be played before Thanksgiving. However, Sara would want to play it as soon as November started (if not sooner). So, pretty much, every year, she tried to sneak it onto the family stereo. Then one year, she chose a jazz x-mas album. I think we were more than half way through the first song before mom realized.