Monday, November 20, 2006

Notice Anything Different?




Before After
(Don't mind the writing on the window. The pic is from my birthday in May.)



All week I've been asking S3 how he thought he and his friend J have done. J is in 6th grade so he was convinced he would be cut from the team based on that if nothing else. J is very athletic so I thought barring the 6th grade thing, he'd probably make the team. S3 came home every day telling me he did lousy and he didn't think he was going to make it.

Friday the list was posted after second period. I wanted S3 to take my cell phone to school and call me but he wasn't allowed to use the phone during school time (which I understand and respect but you've got an insane soccer mom going crazy with impatience over here!) so I had to wait until he got home from school. My first question of course was, "So, did you make it?"

He gave a huge sigh as he plopped down on the couch, "Well, J did."

My heart sank. I started thinking how awful that his friend in 6th grade made it when he did not but I didn't get to fully articulate that thought in my own mind when G blurted, "He made the team!"

The boys' heads swiveled in unison and they yelled, "G!!!"

We've decided she's getting duct tape for Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! Took me a little to notice the difference lol...

Jaime said...

woohoo! WAY TO GO S3

Miriam Pauline said...

Congrats to him! rofl at the duct tape!

Margaret said...

Yay!!!!!!! G is too funny.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Way to go S3!! Hope there aren't too many more sports out there for him to do as the back of that van is getting pretty full. LOL