Thursday, November 16, 2006

Always Look On the Bright Side of Life

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...





If life seems jolly rotten

There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath



Life's a piece of $&#!
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...

Thank You Eric Idle!



Now that I'm done singing, here's a top-ten "What Good Has Come of the Paint Incident:"
10. In a state of utter frustration and disquiet, I blurted out something to Steve that has been bothering me for months. We dealt with it and I feel peaceful and happy again.

9. After cleaning windows, curtains and slipcovers last week and now the carpets this week, my downstairs is about as thoroughly clean as it has ever been at any one time.

8. When I was cleaning a pile of clutter in the corner of my dining room to get ready to clean the carpets, I found my favorite stitching snippers! Hurrah!

7. I learned new things such as, if you have carpet cleaning solution on your hands, do not rub your eye no matter how itchy it is.

6. The paint pretty much all came up!

5. E and I couldn't be confined to the upstairs all day yesterday so we had to go out shopping. We spent the whole day in AC Moore.

4. Since we had nowhere to sit and eat we had to go out to lunch and dinner.

3. I got Steve to admit it's time for new flooring and he's considering my request for hardwood - either to refinish what I know is under the carpet or to put down a new floor.

2. The whole thing makes for a good story.

And the Number One "Good That Has Come of the Paint Incident" is........

1. We think the area where the paint was dumped looks the cleanest of both carpets and we're considering dumping paint everywhere else next week.

6 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

Glad it came out and you are still able to see the bright side.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that you could get it out, that's amazing! So glad you can see the bright side of it!

So what did you get at AC Moore?

Sara Laughs said...

HA! The better question would be what DIDN'T I get at AC Moore.

Lara said...

Great. That song will be stuck in my head forever now. I guess it's better than "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me." Which was stuck in my head because I saw a t-shirt earlier that said "Don't you wish your girlfriend could knit like me."

Glad it came out! I woud have been wishing for it not to so I could get the hardwood. lol.

Margaret said...

Good thing it came out so easily! But I still think you should push for hardwood..... just think of all the trouble it will save you when paint gets left out again????

Anonymous said...

Ackk! Glad you could look on the bright side of things. I love those snippers...I have a pair that are very similar.