Wednesday, November 01, 2006

C'mon Basketball Season!

Boy I never thought I'd hear myself say those words. March (as in Madness) is my least favorite month of the year. But last night S3 gave me a new appreciation for basketball.

He is bored.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored.

Let me just tell you, a 12 year old boy who is used to running miles every day during a two hour soccer practice does not settle into the end of soccer season easily. I've never seen anyone as restless as he was last night. There was one point he was wiggling around so much I thought he was doing a "pee-pee dance" like his little sister (don't tell him I said that!).

Back when we were getting started in soccer season I tried to encourage him to sign up for more than one team knowing that the school season is much shorter than the club season but because *I* am the one who said it, he decided to only play for the school. Now he's wishing he'd signed up for more than one team. Can I say, "Told ya so!" or is that too immature?

Basketball starts in half a month. Hurry up half month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL at least you only have 1/2 a month to wait...hopefully he won't drive you too crazy in that amount of time.

Margaret said...

Funny! And no, you're not being immature. LOL