Monday, November 27, 2006

Apple Red Happiness

You'll have to forgive me for all the posts at one time. There was a lot going on this weekend and I didn't get a chance to post as things were happening so there is a half a week's worth of updates all in one day!

Every year on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving our church holds a praise service and this year G, E and Ty decided they wanted to sing. I made them practice but other than that, they picked the song and they separated out the different parts. At one point Ty messed up and sang when G was supposed to be solo (in the video you can see she giggles a little) and I guess when she looked around she saw the congregation smiling and laughing a little - not because of the mess up but because they were just so darn cute. Anyway after the song was over and she was back in her seat next to me she burst into tears. I think some of it was stress - she used to cry after her soccer games too - but she told me she thought everyone was laughing at them for messing up. I actually had to take her to the bathroom to help her settle down. Poor little baby!

And as a total aside, if you look behind the kids you can see the back wall I painted a few years back. It's my favorite faux finish of all that I've ever painted.

6 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

Very cute! Tell them well done! And the soccer photos are awesome as well.

Anonymous said...

Awwww that's precious!!! They should be very proud! not every child can stand up in front of people AND sing so well! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was awesome. Alex and Connor did something like that one year for church. You gotta give them a huge amount of credit. Not evry child can stand up in front of adults and perform.

Jaime said...

how cute!!!!

Margaret said...

Wow!!!!! They're great.

Anonymous said...

Way cute. I didnt notice any mistakes.