Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Amy the Pampered Chef Lady

My friend Amy is the hardest working, most dedicated mother I have ever met. She does all these amazing things, she is an excellent cook, she sells Pampered Chef so she can stay home and she constantly volunteers her time at school and church. The one thing I think Amy does not do is take enough care of herself. She is so busy caring for the rest of us (I have frequently said I'd be lost without her!) that she never takes the time for Amy. She doesn't buy herself treats and she doesn't go out just for fun without her kids. I found these cute little cooking charms the other day and when I saw her at school running the Christmas shop for the kids and looking like she could happily pull her own hair out - who wouldn't look that way with 3,000,000 kids trying to pick out Christmas gifts - and I knew she just had to have them.

I know I didn't express my feelings to her well enough when I gave her the bracelet the other night because I was so worried about whether or not she'd actually like the bracelet and I was glad to see that she was really excited about it. Here's a closeup of the cooking charms:

5 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

How cute! What a thoughtful gift!

_ said...

Those charms are adorable! What a wonderful gift and it sounds perfect for her.

Jaime said...

what a cute and adorable bracelet!

Margaret said...

Oh what fun charms! Perfect!

mel said...

aw. SO sweet you are. And you're right, Amy needs to take care of herself from time to time, so I'm glad you gave her that little gift. I'm glad she loved it.