Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Impromptu Country Drive

A little while ago I got a call to work tonight and while I was checking my schedule to see if it would be feasible I noticed one of the kids has their Christmas shop at school today. I happen to know for a fact that none of the kids took money with them to school today and I know for a fact that that kid would be terribly upset. So I called the school and it turned out I had just enough time to run money over to the school before the scheduled time (btw, it was G that forgot her money).

On the way there I was cruising down this little back road that twists and turns around a creek when up ahead on the road I could see flares and flashing lights. I know because of the windy road that people tend to have lots of accidents and I was worried the road would be closed (I only know one way to school really well. The others I tend to get a teeny-weenie bit lost sometimes).

As it turns out there had been a water main break and around one of the turns the road had frozen and turned into a pure sheet of ice. Some guys had gone out to set up flares until PennDOT could come and salt. I asked the guy if I could still drive through, explaining my direction predicament and he said I could give it a shot so I slowly started up the twisted incline. There was a guy standing just off to the side of the bend in the road and I thought, "Boy that guy is brave," and I started going around the bend. I wasn't near him but he jumped out of the way anyway and I laughed. Brilliant!

On the way home I spotted a couple of interesting birds on the roadside and grabbed a pic with my phone. It's hard to see them but they're pretty little Ring-Neck Pheasants.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara to the rescue! Great picture! But thank you. Really. My daughter's shopping day is tomorrow and I would have completely forgotten. Now I have to go find the form and everything.

Anonymous said...

Cool pleasants! Glad you were able to get the mone there on time. I'm sure G was very happy about that.