Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Insane Soccer Mom You Say?

Look, S3 is not the world's best basketball player. It's not that he can't do it; it's more that he's not sure what to do. I have every confidence that he will improve mostly because it really makes him mad that he's not the world's best basketball player so he has a basketball in his hands every possible moment he can. However he is not getting a lot of actual game time.

During his last game I was unable to attend and my friend Joann told me the coach played S3 for the entire second half. Doesn't that just figure; the one game I miss. I had that in the back of my mind and then S3 asked me not to miss his game last night in Lansdale, so how could I say no?

So on a little less than two hours sleep, I loaded up the van with a bunch of kids who don't really enjoy basketball and drove 1.5 hours in heavy traffic to the middle of nowhere because my son asked me to do it. He did indeed get to play last night. In the last minute of the game. Literally. He had a terrific steal (or whatever they call it in basketball) and started to get the ball back to his basket and the buzzer sounded.

Hey at least I got to stop at a Boston Market on my way back home.

1 comment:

_ said...

Oh now doesn't that just figure. At least you made S3 happy by going. Hope you can get some sleep. (((Hugs)))