Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Do You Know What the Longest Song Is?

So this weekend I went to a bead show with my girlfriend and afterward the kids and Steve met us at her house and we gathered her family up to go for our trees - we go together every year. Anyway the kids come in the living room followed by Steve who says, "Do you know what the longest song is?" and almost in unison my kids shouted, "SAY YES!" and Steve starts laughing.

Later when we were alone he told me on the way from our house to their house he had asked the kids if they knew what the longest song was and when they didn't he asked if they wanted to hear it. When they said yes he started singing, "The Song that Never Ends" and he didn't stop singing it until they got to my girlfriend's house, about a 15-20 minute ride.

He said after a while they started singing along. Then little while later Ty started improvising with Oompapas in between and then a little while after that they started begging him to stop. He looked in the rear view mirror at one point and E had her fingers in her ears and was shaking her head no.

I asked him, "Didn't it get annoying to sing that the whole way there?" and he laughed and said yes but it had been worth it. lmao.gif

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol that's too funny...I always thought it was Hey Jude by the beatles, apparently I was wrong! lol

Jaime said...

that is hilarious!

hollyday said...

That is too funny! It would have driven my guys crazy too ;).

Anonymous said...

LOL My DH will sometimes sing that song to annoy the kids.

Anonymous said...

Kenzie walked up just as I published my comment and want to know what song I was referring to so I started singing it. Her comment was "Oh yes, that song is annoying. It goes on forever". LOL

Anonymous said...

oh man. I can totally hear steve doing that. hahaha