Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Review: Une Hirondelle A Fait Le Printemps (The Girl From Paris)

Ah, another French movie. I seem to be on a kick lately, don't I? In reality I enjoyed Michel Serrault's performance in Le Papillon that I looked for more of his movies. I would say that The Girl From Paris was a good movie but not quite as wonderful as Le Papillon. M. Serrault's performance was wonderful as a grumpy old farmer who, because of his declining health, decides to sell his family farm to a young woman from Paris. She has dreamed of the countryside and of becoming a farmer and quit her job to attend farming school in persuit of that dream. Soon both the old farmer man and the young city woman realize they have a lot to learn from each other. By the end of the movie I was wishing it wasn't finished yet, I so thorougly enjoyed the story.

"Simply Delightful" and "Endearing" are perfect ways to describe this movie.

Starring: Michel Serrault and Mathilde Seigner

No comments: