Wednesday, December 06, 2006

O Tannenbaum, Pt. 2

So I wouldn't overwhelm you guys with tree pics, I split them into two days. If you missed our tree-hunting adventure, you can read about it here.

We have really lucked out every year in that our lights have magically worked without any fuss or muss on our part. Unfortunately this year out luck ran out. I think the guys managed to combine enough of the strands that we ended up with one that worked. I'm slightly disappointed that we only have one strand of lights on the tree this year but I'm sure I'll make up for it next year.







I thought the girls were really pretty patient while Dad and Mr. Fix-It worked on the lights. They were so excited to start decorating and the dancing around was driving Steve crazy so I stuck them on the couch with pinwheels and that entertained them until he finished.










Usually I do all the work when it comes to decorating for Christmas but I was grumpy so this year I decided no matter what happened I was going to sit on my butt and watch everyone else decorate. It was the nicest decorating experience I've had yet.

















































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tree! But next time get someone to take a picture of you sitting on your butt being a grump. LOL

margaret

Jaime said...

what a nice tree!
yeah, where is the picture of you watching them decorate????

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! They did an excellent job on decorating the tree.

And I agree with M...next time get someone to take a pic of you! ;)

Lara said...

Lovely tree! Glad to see my gingerbread ornament front and center. ;) lol.

Maybe I'll take your tack on decorating this year. I've had no desire. I'll just let Lon and the kids do it. Of course, then I'll probably end up re-doing it. :p