Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Amazing News About "Dilbert"

One of the gals on my playgroup board linked me to Scott Adams' blog. He has an amazing story about losing his voice. It's longish but fascinating and well worth the read. For those that don't know, S. Adams is the creator of the office cartoon, Dilbert.

A nurse friend of mine (also on the playgroup board) said many people after having a stroke are only able to speak in rhyme and because the people around them don't understand what is going on, they think the person is just babbling. I have noticed many of the residents where I work tend to like to rhyme and some only ever rhyme. One woman I occassionally take care of has had a stroke and can still speak although she stutters sometimes in the effort to get her words out. But at the end of every sentence, she rhymes. She says things like, "I want to go to bed, head, red."

The brain is a fascinating thing.

1 comment:

. said...

Hmm dad had a stroke in May and still has mild aphasia...maybe I should teach him some lymrics! lol