Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lost: Wedding Band

A lot of you who know me know that I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago - almost 100 pounds. I didn't manage to hit my goal weight however and since then I've put some of that weight back on. Anyway one of the biggest changes that I noticed was in my wedding band. It's entirely too large for my finger now. I don't want to have it resized since I'm not to my goal weight and I don't want to have them cut the band too often. So it's been safely nestled in my jewelry box waiting for the day when I wear it again.

Today I decided that I wanted to wear it just for the day so I put it on and went on my merry way. Much, much later in the day I looked down at my hands and noticed that my ring was G.O.N.E. gone!!! I was totally freaked out because I had been to so many places today, including the hairdresser to get S3's hair cut (whole 'nuther story). I tore the house apart, pulled my pockets inside out and dumped my purse out onto the floor.

I was crying when I finally decided to pray that God would let me find my ring and then I sat down to work on a video of my nephew that I knew would cheer me up (whole 'nuther story). A little while later Steve came home and when I told him the story, Ty overheard. I was crying again and started to dump my purse out on the floor again when I heard Ty call, "I found it!" He'd done a slow, careful search up the steps and into the office while I was crying to Steve and there it was on the floor in the doorway.

Thank you God and thank you Ty!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Whew. Glad it was lost and found.