Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ty and the Navajo Part Two

The report was written and information for the oral report was collected so the only thing left to do on the Navajo project was to create a poster board containing at least four sections of information (transportation, home, clothes and where in the US they lived). When S3 did this project, being the first child and all, I bought a piece of chamois that he drew on and we glued handmade dolls with handmade clothes and it looked amazing. Ty being the second child got a piece of poster board and paper dolls with paper clothes. I have no idea what that means for poor G and E. Maybe by the time we get to E's Navajo project we'll just turn in air and say, "You've seen a Navajo poster board from three other sibs. Just imagine their projects combined and grade me on that."




I took this picture to prove that I didn't do the whole project by myself although if I'm going to be honest, I think this was more of a family project than any other. G colored the paper dolls, Dad made the Hogan (see below), S3 helped collect information and Auntie M explained Navajo three-ply yarn and gave us examples.





I sat down with the toilet paper roll, a handful of popsicle sticks, scissors and my glue gun and very quickly realized that making a partial three-dimension Hogan was beyond my spatial relation abilities. Dad had to take over.








So as he's walking out the door with his Navajo poster board this morning he says to me, "This is cool. I didn't have to have this part turned in until I give my oral report. Now I'm done early."



His oral report is on Friday.
blink.gifGod save me, I am not going to survive this child.

2 comments:

. said...

LMAO!!!!!!! kids! Great project!

Anonymous said...

ROFL I've so enjoyed reading about "your" navajo project. And he's even done early. Oh my! Hopefully he wasn't within arms reach when he said that. LOL