Thursday, October 19, 2006

Project Runway Finale!

Well, what did you think???

Personally I wasn't surprised at all, especially not after seeing their entire collections.

Click here to see Jeffrey's collection.

Click
here to see Laura's collection.

Click
here to see Uli's collection.

Click
here to see Michael's collection.


Really if you think about their collections and you think about what the judges were looking for, you wouldn't be shocked either.


First of all, Michael just totally bombed. I don't know what he was thinking. On another blog I was reading someone sardonically commented that his gold lame bathing suit looked like a yeast infection waiting to happen. I was very disappointed with his collection but after seeing Daniel V do something very similar last season, I wasn't completely shocked. I think as a designer both Daniel V and Michael just need a little time to come into their own.


Uli and Laura fall into the same category for me: beautiful clothes that any woman would want to own and wear. Will they make it as designers? Absolutely. I can see an exclusive department store or boutique carrying their lines. But is that what the judges were looking for? Obviously not.


Jeffrey was a total jerk throughout the show. He said nasty things and he behaved poorly. For that we don't like him. However his personality can not sway the critique of his abilities as a designer. Think of him this way... He is an artist, not a clothing maker. His canvases are his clothing. His clothes, while they weren't something that might be worn by the average woman, they were new, they were unique, and they were well made. Everything the judges were looking for in a Project Runway winner.


Congratulations Jeffrey! I was cheering for you all along.

1 comment:

mel said...

sure, make me jealous. Stupid cable company took my bravo tv away.