Friday, October 27, 2006

He Thinks He's So Funny

Last night I had a total panic moment. G and E were outside playing with the neighbors, S3 was upstairs messing around, Ty was at the table working on his Math homework and I was in the kitchen trying to simultaneously cook dinner and Navajo Fry Bread. Suddenly I remembered SOCCER PRACTICE! As if we haven't had soccer practice every single day for nearly two months, I completely forgot. Worse than that, it was the second day in a row I forgot.

I left S3 home to keep an eye on my hot oil and drove like mad to get Ty to practice. He was late but I couldn't stay because I had both S3 and hot oil at home. So I went back home to finish the Fry Bread and realized when I got home again that I needed to turn around and go pick Ty back up. Ugh. Anyway, you can guess by the time I got done running around like a headless chicken, I was feeling a little overwhelmed.

I ended up working last night and as I left I asked Steve to please, please, please make sure Ty took the Fry Bread to school with him today because I was going to be really unhappy if I'd gone through all that just for the bag to sit on the dining room table. Of course it was the first thing I asked when I got home (the kids are all off on the bus by the time I get home in the morning). Steve looks at me with the correct amount of horror and sorrow on his face and he says, "OH NO!"

I got about two seconds into my freak-out when he started laughing and told the truth. The Fry Bread was safely in Ty's bag on it's way to HPBA. Thanks for the adrenaline rush hon.
pbbt.gif

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I would have had to slug your DH for that comment. Glad the bread was actually on it's way to school.