Monday, October 23, 2006

Bug Hunt Part Two


Last night S3 and I were up in the office with the hot glue gun, the bugs still in bags and the printed labels we'd made. I didn't want him to use the hot glue gun without supervision so even though I can't imagine anything worse than hot gluing dead bugs to pieces of paper, I stayed to help.

We started with the smaller bugs, the ones I felt I could handle being around like lady bugs, mosquitos and gnats. When we moved onto the bees and moths I shuddered a little but we saved the best for last. Some of those bugs did not go into the next world in a happy way. Two of them were downright juicy. Two of them were just large and gross looking.

When S3 would pull out a particularly nasty bug I would whoop and hollar and make all kinds of noise about how disgusting it was. From downstairs I started hearing an echo. Ty was sitting at the dining room table at the bottom of the stairs working on his Navajo project and making fun of me. Every time I would screetch about the nastiness of a bug I heard Ty imitate me in a falsetto, "Eww! Ugh! Oh! Yuck!" S3 was crying he was laughing so hard. I think he peed himself a little when he accidentally dropped the stick bug and I screamed, jumped 20 feet in the air and shoved the chair to the other side of the room.

But we managed to finish it and he's expecting an A. wave.gif

3 comments:

mel said...

I am so proud of you helping glue on bugs! LOL! ;P

Anonymous said...

ROFL Sounds like you guys were having a blast glueing buggies.

Sara Laughs said...

HA! He came home from school today and another boy in his class had the same style case for his bugs but he had three of them and they were smaller. He said the boy looked at his display and said, "A.C. Moore?"

S3 relied, "Yep. Great Moms Think Alike."