Thursday, October 26, 2006

Peepbol Who Need Peepbol

We've had to give up daycare for now since we decided I would work a lot less than I had been. It was never supposed to be a full time job but unfortunately in the heathcare profession there is a high turnover and even though I'm a flex worker, I found myself being called in quite often. The house and my family were suffering for all the work so we have decided to cut back. Unfortunately that means daycare has gone from being expensive to being unaffordable.

E has gotten used to a lot of activity and tons of playmates so I think sometimes she's bored here at home with me. Yesterday she expressed a desire to paint with "waterpaint" so we headed out to the Rag Shop and bought some art stuff. I think she painted for four hours straight. That has to be the best five bucks I ever spent. When it was time to clean up for dinner, I looked through her sketchbook. She wrote this all on her own. I don't know how she knew to sound out the word but it's obvious to me I need to get her a "Learn to Read" book.


6 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow!!! Look at her go! So does she know all the sound/letter correlations? (Reading teacher in me coming out here.... heehee)

Jaime said...

awesome! Looks like she is ready to read...

hollyday said...

That's so cute! Brendan was sounding out/spelling "tractor" the other day and almost bowled us over LOL ;). ((hugs))

Miriam Pauline said...

That's great Sara! Sounds like she is getting ready.

mel said...

WOW! She has just run laps around Peanut who finally started using N's instead of M's in her name.

Sara Laughs said...

LOL That was the funniest story ever. "How was your day Peamut?"

"I'm not telling you until you stop calling me Peamut."

She's too much.